Thursday, December 6, 2018

Banana shake with soy milk

I eat some fruits every day. One of my favorite fruits are bananas, especially those from Tanabe Farm run by a Japanese man in Ecuador. They are sold in the convenience store Lawson and some other stores. 

Tanabe Farm’s bananas are cultivated in circular agriculture utilizing organic fertilizer. The farm is located at an altitude of 300m from the sea level, and the great temperature difference between daytime and night makes bananas sweeter.


I usually choose bananas with sugar spots showing that they are sweet enough to eat. In fact, I seldom eat them as they are because I prefer to make banana shake. The recipe is very simple: cut a banana into some pieces, put them into a mixer with about 100 cc soy milk, and blend. 



Thick creamy banana shake is one of the simplest but best dessert I know. I pour it in a dish and eat with a spoon to take time to taste. I often add chai masala, a mixture of spices consisting of cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, ginger, and nutmeg. In fact, I bought it in Amazon to make soy milk chai at home but couldn’t succeed in making chai I had imagined. So, I have used the chai masala just to sprinkle on desserts. At the beginning, I thought it would be difficult to empty this big bottle, but it turned out to be much easier.


When I want to make something hot, I often cook oats with soy milk. I add a banana cut in pieces to it and mash them later in the pot with a fork. Combination of a banana, soy milk, and chai masala can be used for many kinds of desserts and snacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year of Ox 2021

If you are in Japan during the year-end and New Year holidays, you can see many pretty sweets at Japanese confectionary stores. As 2021 is t...